Ward 3 – Yolanda Roman
In April 2016, I began my next two years as a Gulfport City Council Member. I look forward to learning and doing more, working harder, and having a more positive impact in Gulfport. Key areas needing short and long term focus include: our commitment to police/fire, city staff, public works, parks/recreation, senior center/programs, youth programs, marina improvements, infrastructure priorities (sewers, street paving, sidewalks/alleys, Shore Blvd flooding), and protecting our waters (Clam Bayou, Marina and Gulfport Beach). Other ongoing areas we must address include environmentally-friendly decisions, the significant 25% St. Petersburg water surcharge (FY 2017-18), downtown parking challenges, and other aging infrastructure. We must be fiscally smart with capital improvement plans, as well as proactively seeking outside funding via federal, state, county and local grants. I remain very pleased how the City of Gulfport manages meeting the needs of Gulfport residents by developing a sound operating budget annually.
I welcome your comments and questions.
- My weekly City Hall OFFICE HOURS are Mondays, 11:30 A.M.
- You can also reach me VIA EMAIL (email@example.com), or by phone (727-512-2942 or voicemail 727-893-1012).
- Please consider attending our CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS (first and third Tuesday of each month).
- Please consider signing-up (opt-in) to my MONTHLY NEWSLETTER, “Council Corner:”
- My “Council Corner Newsletter” will summarize my City Council Comments from City Council meetings, key events, state/county issues important to Gulfport, and photos.
If you would like to contact your state representatives, please click the links provided.
2401 53rd St. S. Gulfport, FL 33707
In accordance with federal, state, and local law, the City of Gulfport does not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or physical characteristic.