National Night Out
Join GPD and Your Neighbors for National Night Out
The National Association of Town Watch (NATW) has announced that the 30th Annual National Night Out (NNO) program will culminate on Tuesday, August 6, 2013. National Night Out 2012 involved 37.5 million people in 15,704 communities from all 50 states, U.S. territories, Canadian cities, and military bases worldwide. National Night Out 2013, the 30th anniversary, is expected to be the largest ever. The Gulfport Police will be participating in the 30th Annual National Night Out on Tuesday, August 6th, 2013 at the Neighborhood Center, 1617 49th St. S.
National Night Out, a yearlong community building campaign, is designed to:
(1) heighten crime prevention awareness,
(2) generate support for, and participation in, local anticrime programs,
(3) strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships, and
(4) send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
This event will include the following:
- Emergency vehicle displays, including marked and unmarked police patrol cars, patrol boat, mobile crime, lab, and the new fire engine.
- Tactical and investigative equipment display.
- Crime prevention resource handouts and childrens’ activity books
- Scheduling home and business security surveys
- Free childrens’ bicycle helmets while supplies last
- Free child fingerprinting
The National Night Out program is an initiative of The National Association of Town Watch.
Gulfport Police Department
Chief of Police Public Information Officer
Robert A. Vincent Sgt. Thomas Woodman