Address: 19 Ave. & 54th St. S.
Hours of Operation: Closed 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Tomlinson Park Grand Opening of renovations
All are invited on Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 5 p.m. to the grand opening ceremony of the renovated City of Gulfport Tomlinson Park Complex. Located on the corner of 54th Street South and 19th Avenue South, Gulfport, Florida 33707. The park renovation and improvements include playground equipment for children 18 months through 12 years old and a fitness exercise area for adults. The outdoor amenities of new sod and a play surface within the park allow for residents and visitors alike to enjoy the features of this recreational area.
Park renovations were approved per Resolution 2016-94 during the December 6, 2016 Gulfport City Council Meeting. This Resolution authorized the City Manager to develop a multiuse family playground and adult fitness area at Tomlinson Park. Funding for the project was provided for though utilization of BP Fund and a Florida Department of Health (Pinellas County) Partnerships to Improve Community Health (PICH) program grant in the amount of $17,000. For more information, on the City of Gulfport Tomlinson Park and/or the grand opening ceremony, please contact Technical Events Specialist, Gail Biron at 727-893-1118.
- See future plans to continue redevelop the Tangerine Greenway Concept Plan – See draft
- See future plans for Tomlinson Park See Resolution Memorandum – See Mod. site plan for park
- Multi-use family playground area
- Equipment for children ages 18 months through 12 years old
- Fitness exercise area for adults.
- Lum Atkinson Fields (One softball and one baseball field)
- Batting Cage
- Tot Lot Playground
- One Acre Man-Made Pond with Fountain
- Nature Boardwalk
- Walking Trail
- Tangerine Avenue Parkway
- The Tangerine Greenway is a historic location where the trolley once ran between St. Petersburg and Gulfport.
- 6.2 acres (55th to 49th Street South) with a variety of trees and open grassy areas
© 2017 City of Gulfport, Florida
City of Gulfport, Florida is located in Pinellas County.