Covid-19 Building Department Procedures
For questions, please contact the office via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (727) 893-1024.
Due to the current covid-19 outbreak the community development department is taking the following steps until further notice:
- The front counter area will be closed. All over the counter permitting will be conducted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about submitting applications may be emailed to email@example.com or by phone at (727) 893-1024. All payments must be made by credit or debit cards over the phone.
- All paper submittals must be left in an area provided at the front door and will processed after 3 days reviews will be completed as usual in the order received.
- Customers will be notified when their permit is ready to be issued and arrangements for pick-up will be scheduled. The permit may be picked up outside the front door.
- There will be no conferences, group meetings, or in-person over the counter reviews. We ask that customers contact staff either by e-mail, phone or mail with questions.
- Inspections will continue as normal. Should the inspector deem interior inspections to be unsafe or the occupant is not comfortable with the inspection taking place, the inspection will be canceled without a reinspect fee. The building official or their designate will contact the contractor to determine if an alternate inspection method may be available.
We thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation in our effort to provide our services and avoid even more restrictive measures during this time, and will assume our normal routine as soon as it is safe to do so.