City of Gulfport Public Library Reopening
Gulfport Library to reopen with normal business hours June 1. The Gulfport Public Library is committed to the health and well-being of the citizens we serve. Effective Monday, June 1, 2020, the Gulfport Library will reopen with limited services to the public, observing best practices for the safety of both citizens and staff. If you have questions please contact library staff at (727) 893-1073 or (727) 893-1074 during normal business hours, Monday – Friday 10:00AM – 7:00PM and Saturday 10:00AM – 4:00PM.
Available Services beginning June 1:
- We will continue parking lot pickup for those who do not wish to enter the building
- You may come in the building, browse the stacks, and take out books
- Computer use will be available on a limited basis. Patrons will have a one-hour time limit daily; your time is non-renewable
- Reference services will be available
- Faxing will be available
We are taking several precautionary steps to ensure the safety of the public and staff:
- Staff will wear masks and gloves when coming to your car for parking lot pickup
- Limited computer access will be available to maintain social distancing
- The building will only be at 25% capacity
- Plexi has been installed as a safety barrier for both patrons and staff
- We have designated waiting areas that are 6 feet apart
- Meeting and Study rooms will be closed
- Programs will continue virtually; via ZOOM and Facebook Live. Some programs will offer supplies or kits available to be picked up at the library during regular business hours
- We will not be accepting donations
- The meeting room will continue to be closed to community groups
- Additional cleaning procedures, including a daily disinfecting will take place. Between every parking lot pickup, staff will continue to change gloves, and the computer areas will be cleaned and disinfected periodically during business hours
If you continue to self-isolate and require library services:
The Gulfport Public Library has a number of free services patrons can utilize to checkout eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, or learn a language. Simply go to mygulfport.us/gpl/. Programs will continue to be held virtually.
Gulfport Public Library awarded 2018 GLBTRT Newlen-Symons Award for Excellence in Serving the GLBT Community
NoveList Plus is a comprehensive readers’ advisory. With NoveList Plus, you can find titles, articles, and lists for both your fiction and nonfiction needs.