Circle of Friends of the Gulfport Library
Mission: To enhance the development of library services by fostering community support for literacy and learning.
Welcome to the Circle of Friends of the Gulfport Library.
The Circle of Friends of the Gulfport Library is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes to enhance the development of library facilities and services, community building, and support for literacy and learning
- Creation of the Library LGBTQ Resource Center as a COF project in 2014 and support for its growth into an independent 501 (c)3 organization in 2019
- Establishment and administration of the library’s Poet Laureate program honoring local poets
- Continuing oversight of the library Book Shop as COF’s primary fundraising source
- Proceeds are used for major library purchases, program and activities equipment and supplies
- The COF also subsidizes the newly installed Prairie Garden created for Children and Adult science programing
- Maintenance of the outdoor reading garden
*Email email@example.com for more information on becoming a Board Member
Ways to Help Support the COF
Buy a Brick for the Reading Garden
Wanted: Library Lovers Who Want to do More
The Circle of Friends of the Gulfport Library is currently seeking new members, especially individuals with a passion for reading, interest in serving the varied interests of this community, a little spare time and a desire to actively support the many programs and services of the Gulfport Library.
The Board meets at the library on the third Tuesday of each month, 10:15- 11:45 am.
Anyone interested in learning more about the board is welcome to come to our meetings. Membership in the Gulfport Library is required for board members.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
The Circle of Friends of the Gulfport Library, Inc. is a 501©(3) nonprofit group. All donations are tax deductible and receipts are available upon request.