Please read everything below before booking your appointment. For additional locations for Passport Acceptance Facilities in your area, please visit https://iafdb.travel.state.gov/
Make an Appointment
Appointments can be made through the form below or by calling, (727) 893-1074.
Complete the Application
Complete the application (black ink only) prior to arrival. Do not sign the application until instructed to do so during the acceptance process.
Which Passport is Right for You?
A passport card allows land and sea travel from the U.S. to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda only.
A passport book allows any method of travel internationally to any country.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship
Bring one of the following items and a photocopy
- Original Birth Certificate issued by the city, county, or state.
- Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport.*
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth.
- Naturalization Certificate* or Certificate of Citizenship.*
Bring one of the following items and a photocopy
- Valid Driver’s License (copy both sides); if out-of-state, additional ID is required.
- Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport.
- Naturalization Certificate.
- Current Military ID (military or dependents) or Government ID (city, state, or federal).
- Applicants age 16 & 17: Parent or legal guardian can present Primary ID if the minor applicant does not have one.
- List of Primary & Secondary Identification
Applicants Under 16
Both parents listed on the birth certificate/adoption papers/legal guardian court documents must be present. See Passports for Children Under 16 for more information.
*Also requires submission of certified Birth Certificate if the applicant is under 16 years of age.
Original documents will be submitted to the State Department.
You need one 2″ by 2″ color passport photo. See Passport Photos for requirements and photo examples.
Gulfport Public Library does not offer passport photo services.
What to Bring
Do not sign the application until instructed to do so during the acceptance process.
Two separate fees are required at the time of application:
- Check or money order made payable to U.S. Department of State for passport fee:
|Passport Type||Age 16+||Under 16|
|Book + Card||$160||$115|
- Check or money order made payable to City of Gulfport for $35 execution fee.
- An optional expedite fee is available for faster processing than routine service. The fee is an additional $60 per application made payable to the U.S. Department of State.
Paid to the U.S. Department of State:
- $60 – Expedite Fee Paid per application, in addition to required fees. Provides faster processing than routine Service through the U.S. Department of State.
- $19.53 – 1-2 Day Delivery Fee Paid per application for 1-2 day delivery of an issued passport book from the Department of State to the customer. Only applies to mailing addresses within the United States. Not valid for passport cards.
- Routine: Save $60. Routine service can take up to 8-11 weeks – please note, processing times begins the day the application is received at the passport processing center, not the day of your appointment. Processing times do not include mail delivery time.
- Expedite service (for an additional $60) can take up to 5-7 weeks – please note, processing times begins the day the application is received at the passport processing center, not the day of your appointment. Processing times do not include mail delivery time.
- Agency or Center: extremely limited number of appointments: must have international travel in the next 72 hours (3 business days)
Need it sooner?
The Library does not accept applications for emergency passports that are needed sooner, you must call 1-877-487-2778 / 1-888-874-7793 (TTY/TDD) and schedule an appointment and go directly to the nearest passport agency. Please contact the Miami Passport Agency for more information.
Library Passport Acceptance Facilities do not accept passport renewals.
Most renewals can be done by mail. Please visit the U.S. Department of State – Passports by Mail to see if you qualify to use the service.
Renew by mail using Form DS-82 if your most recent passport:
- Is submitted with your application
- Is undamaged (other than normal “wear and tear”)
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)
If any of the above statements do not apply to you, you must apply in person using form DS-11.
Days with available appointments will show in WHITE. If no appointments are available check back on Friday evening. This location offers appointments on Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday. For additional locations for Passport Acceptance Facilities in your area, please visit https://iafdb.travel.state.gov/
Appointment times are for ONE APPLICANT ONLY. Please reserve a 30 minute appointment for EACH applicant.
For more information on passports, visit the US Department of State Passport Information Page: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html