Private Waterline & Private Lateral Replacement Assistance Program
The City of Gulfport is proud to offer its Private Waterline and Sewer Lateral Replacement Assistance Program, which offers financial reimbursement after the replacement of a deteriorated residential waterline or sewer lateral. City Utilities residential water or sewer customers are eligible for a rebate of 50% up to $3,500.00 after the purchase, installation, and inspection of failing waterlines or sewer lateral between the home connection and the city connection. Certain restrictions apply; see Guidelines.
- Property must be located within the City limits of Gulfport.
- Only property owners of single family residential owner occupied homes connected to the city’s sanitary sewer system qualify.
- The sewer lateral replacement must be permitted through the Community Development Department.
- The lateral replacement must be at the address listed on the permit.
- The program only applies to those laterals which are replaced in their entirety from the residential structure to the City connection; spot repairs and partial repairs are not included in this program.
- Verification of installation and an inspection and approval of completed work by the city is required.
- The reimbursement will be 50% of the lateral replacement cost up to $3,500.00.
- The allocated $200,000.00 is available on a first come, first serve basis until the funds are expended.
- The property owner must submit a lateral replacement rebate application within 45 day of verification of installation and an inspection and approval of completed work by the city.
- The property owner must submit, with the rebate application, a dated, detailed sales receipt for proof of purchase. The purchase price of the sewer lateral must be clearly itemized on an invoice.
- Reimbursement for the sewer lateral replacement may take four (4) to six (6) weeks from the date the rebate application is filed.
- Reimbursement funds will only be released to the property owner.
- The rebate program is only in effect when funds are allocated for that purpose within a given budget year.