LGBTQ Scholar Application
* Deadline SEPTEMBER 15, 2021*
What is the purpose of the Scholarship?
To provide a $1000 scholarship to an eligible LGBTQ student to help further their education or job training.
Who is eligible?
LGBTQ persons who:
- Are at least 16 years of age and have completed high school by June 2021.
- Live, work or study within Pinellas County, the following zip codes: 33701, 33704, 33705,33707, 33710, 33711, 33712, 33713
- Will be registered for at least half-time attendance (full-time defined as 12 credit hours or more for undergraduate programs and 9 credit hours or more for graduate programs) at an accredited educational institution, including training programs and trade schools, by September 2021.
What is required of Resource Center LGBTQ Scholars?
All APPLICANTS MUST:
- Complete the Scholarship Application
- Submit proof of registration or a letter of acceptance from an accredited educational program for 2021-2022
- In February 2022, p a report of their LGBTQ-related activities during the past year at the LGBTQ Resource Center annual meeting and be introduced as the LGBTQ Scholar (in person or virtually)
How are LGBTQ Scholars chosen?
Scholars will be selected using the following criteria:
- Evidence of participation and leadership in school and/or community activities, especially in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/or queer community
- Clarity of future goals and determination to achieve them
- Sense of personal integrity, ethical judgment and honesty as reflected in their reference(s)
- A positive sense of self as a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or queer person as reflected in their application responses.
The Scholarship winner will be notified in October.