GEMS: Gulfport Extended Mini Bus Service
5501 27th Avenue S. Gulfport, FL 33707
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Service Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
GEMS, the Gulfport Extended MiniBus Service, provides safe, courteous, clean, reliable, and effective on-time service to the elderly and disabled residents of Gulfport.
How to Schedule:
Call: (727) 893-2242
- Dispatchers are available to make your reservations: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Trip reservations are taken on a first-call-first-served basis.
- Reservations may be made up to 10 working days before the desired travel date. Limited same day service is also available.
- Be ready 15-minutes prior to scheduled pick-up time.
- In order to accommodate as many riders as possible, pick-up times will be negotiated up to 15 minutes before or after the requested pick-up time.
- Contact GEMS Dispatch two hours prior to scheduled pick-up time for any cancellation.
- Schedules may be affected by weather, road conditions, or other rider circumstances.
- When scheduling, be prepared to provide:
- Your Name
- Pick-up Address
- Date & Time of Travel
- Address of Destination
Regularly Scheduled Trips:
- 1st Thursday – Bay Pines Wal-Mart Super Center, Target and Kohls.
- 2nd Tuesday – Trader Joes, Fresh Market, and Mazzoro’s Italian Market.
- 3rd Tuesday – Bay Pines Wal-Mart Super Center, Target and Kohls.
The GEMS system is designed to provide transportation to Gulfport residents 55 years and older and disabled residents that are not able to use conventional modes of transportation.
Where GEMS goes:
Anywhere within our service area which is: 38th Avenue North to 34th Avenue South and from Downtown St. Pete to the Intercoastal Waterway.
Types of Service Trips:
Medical, social service, work related trips as well as shopping, dining and entertainment trips. Service area is subject to change.
Days and Times:
Monday – Friday Office Hours: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Service Hours: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
$70.00 – Annual Membership Fee
$2.00 – Per One-way Trip
Fee Trips to the Gulfport Multi-purpose Senior Center are FREE!
Correct fare is necessary when boarding the vehicle.
Limited scholarships are available with proper verification for low income residents.
- NO Tipping. City of Gulfport policy does not allow tipping of employees.
- Reserve early. Up to 10 working days prior to the appointment date.
- Correct Fare. Required when boarding the vehicle, GEMS punch cards are available for purchase.
- Shopping Bags. Limit to a reasonable amount that the drivers can carry in one trip.
- Cancellations. Contact GEMS dispatch 2 hours prior to the scheduled pickup time.
Notifying the Public of Rights Under Title VI
Gulfport Extended Mini-Bus Service
- GEMS operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes they been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with The City of Gulfport, FL.
- For more information on GEMS The City of Gulfport, FL civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact (727) 893-1231; email email@example.com; or visit our administrative office at 5501 27 Avenue S., Gulfport, FL 33707. For more information, visit mygulfport.us.
- If information is needed in another language, contact (727) 893-1231.
- GEMS Title VI Complaint Form