Ward 3 – Yolanda Roman
In April 2016, I began my next two years as a Gulfport City Council Member. I look forward to learning and doing more, working harder, and having a more positive impact in Gulfport. Key areas needing short and long term focus include: our commitment to police/fire, city staff, public works, parks/recreation, senior center/programs, youth programs, marina improvements, infrastructure priorities (sewers, street paving, sidewalks/alleys, Shore Blvd flooding), and protecting our waters (Clam Bayou, Marina and Gulfport Beach). Other ongoing areas we must address include environmentally-friendly decisions, the significant 25% St. Petersburg water surcharge (FY 2017-18), downtown parking challenges, and other aging infrastructure. We must be fiscally smart with capital improvement plans, as well as proactively seeking outside funding via federal, state, county and local grants. I remain very pleased how the City of Gulfport manages meeting the needs of Gulfport residents by developing a sound operating budget annually.
I welcome your comments and questions.
- My weekly City Hall OFFICE HOURS are Mondays, 11:30 A.M.
- You can also reach me VIA EMAIL (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by phone (727-512-2942 or voicemail 727-893-1012).
- Please consider attending our CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS (first and third Tuesday of each month).
- Please consider signing-up (opt-in) to my MONTHLY NEWSLETTER, “Council Corner:”
- My “Council Corner Newsletter” will summarize my City Council Comments from City Council meetings, key events, state/county issues important to Gulfport, and photos.
If you would like to contact your state representatives, please click the links provided.